Project Date: 2019
Scope of Work: Major Renovation, Addition
Description: Client and the family had outgrown their 2 bedroom 1 bath bungalow, and were looking to upgrade. The plan was to erect a second storey on top to include 4 bedrooms + 2 Bathrooms, Renovate the Entire first floor to an open concept space with 9 ft ceilings, and increased the height of basement to 8 ft through an extensive underpinning process. After our recommendation and collaboration with the homeowner and architect, the second floor turned into 5 bedrooms, to accommodate for an extra Guest room/office.
The only components that remained from the old house included the exterior walls, first floor subfloor, and foundation, with everything else being built to a new, energy efficient standard.
Some of the key scopes:
1. Underpinning of a low basement, into a 8 ft high, 2 bedroom + 1 Bath unit with a side separate entrance.
2. Open concept main floor with new MDF painted custom cabinetry with Quartz Countertop, and full 3 Piece bathroom (Toilet, Sink, Stand Shower) to accommodate for Homeowner’s use of Jacuzzi
3. New 2-tone Stucco and Maibec Wood Exterior Facade
4. Separate Side entrance to the basement
5. New covered front porch with concrete steps.